What do we do?
Our aim is provide the assistance necessary for our clients to lead the fullest lives they can with maximum independence. All our clients are individuals and as such have differing needs and areas of support requirements. We strive to provide individual support of our clients’ needs in the most unobtrusive manner possible.
So what does that mean?
We have a core set of things we do for our clients.
- We provide comfort advice and a safe and supportive environment for our clients. We encourage and foster a family atmosphere, we celebrate our differences and encourage tolerance of others.
- We provide all meals.
- We see that they live in a clean and safe environment.
- We ensure that their washing is done on a regular basis.
- We oversee the adherence of their medication regimes as prescribed by their doctor.
- We are available and onsite .
- We ensure that our clients have regular access to GP services.
- We provide our clients with all basic toiletries such as soap shampoo and conditioner.
In addition we provide numerous other things to our clients on a more individualised basis.
- We are able to help our clients to access community services for outings and other activities such as sporting interests.
- We are able to offer assistance with clerical matters such as reading of mail, correspondence and phone calls should they feel the need.
- We can provide introductions to community linking and personal hygiene programs if required.
- We can get clients to urgent medical appointments in some circumstances.
- We liaise with health services such as Mental Health and Disability Services on behalf of the client.
- We encourage our clients to be involved in activities outside of the hostel environment.
- We encourage our clients to help out around the place, to the best of their abilities and encourage them to contribute to the running of the place in their own small way