What we do?
We provide the assistance necessary for our clients to lead their fullest lives with maximum independence.
We recognise that all our clients are individuals and as such, have differing needs and areas of support requirements. We provide individual support for our clients’ needs in the most unobtrusive manner possible.
What does this mean?
- We provide comfort, advice and a safe and supportive environment for our clients. We encourage and foster a family atmosphere
- We celebrate our differences and encourage tolerance of others.
- We provide all meals.
- We ensure that clients live in a clean and safe environment.
- We provide a daily personal laundry service and twice weekly linen changes, or more often, if required.
- We oversee the adherence of clients medication regimes as prescribed by their doctor.
- We are available and onsite 24 hours / 7 days a week.
- We ensure that our clients have regular access to health services, including GP, podiatry etc.
- We provide our clients with all basic toiletries such as soap, shampoo and conditioner at no extra charge.
In addition, we provide numerous other things to our clients on a more individualised basis including:-
- help our clients to access community services for outings and other activities such as sporting interests.
- offer assistance with clerical matters such as reading of mail, correspondence and phone calls should they feel the need.
- provide introductions to community linking and personal hygiene programs if required.
- assist clients to urgent medical appointments in some circumstances.
- liaise with health services such as Mental Health and Disability Services on behalf of the client.
- encourage our clients to be involved in activities outside of the hostel environment.
- encourage our clients to assist within the home environment (if they so desire), to the best of their ability and encourage them to contribute to daily functions of the home.